Monday, October 11, 2010

Collage Project Reflection

In Visual Design we were assigned a project to create a collage.The projects objective was to get myself familiar with photography and to become familiar with the tools Photoshop CS5 has to offer. The first challenge I had was to choose pictures for my collage.Considering my overall outline of who I am,the first thing that popped to my mind was fencing. Fencing is now a part of my life due to practice , competitions, tournaments and etc.Then I chose pictures such as things in my house, my everyday life, and what I see everyday.As I went along with my collage different ideas and pictures came to mind. I then proceeded to add these ideas into my collage.

I was satisfied with my result. Since I was brainstorming as I went along the project came out to be completely different from what I was thinking of. Though the overall idea of a collage in shape of fencing stuck. As I was doing this project the challenges I faced were relearning how to  make a mask in CS5. Since I had completely forgot and CS5 brought a new interface,I then used the help of the internet. After finishing my project I really couldn't find anything else to add to it. I was content with the outcome as I took a minute to really take in all of the aspects of the collage.There is probably a lot of things CS5 has to offer to make it better that I have no knowledge of , but hey that's the point of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment