Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reflection Question Project 2

I came up with the idea for my logo by incorporating the company I was designing for.Since the company is called "Solar Search", I instantly thought of the sun just from the word solar. The idea I was going for was to replicate the sun the best I could with the knowledge I knew. I then decided to incorporate the name of the company into the logo to let the viewer see my point. Doing so I began to think of the main colors of the sun. These colors came out to be red/yellow/orange/black, in which they were added into my logo. The colors made my logo come together and look complete.

Emphasis played a major role in the designing of my logo. It played a major role because I wanted to viewers eyes to be drawn to the text. To do so I used a variety of drop shadows/outer glows/stroke to make the text attractive to the eye. Using the shape of a circle this also helped draw attention to the middle of the circle. Movement was also used to show the motion of the sun rays. I used a variety of colors to capture the flare effect of the edges. I also used the eraser tool to shape the solar flare into triangle like shapes to show that the flares moved outward,

Vector images were basically the building blocks of my logo. To start off I used a vectored ellipse tool to create the basic elements of my logo, the sun. I then filled this sun with inner glow to fill the inside with the desired colors. Bitmap images were used to add detailing to my logo. For example I used a bitmap brush image to create the flare of the sun. I also used bitmap images in the creation of the outer flare. Since the outer flare was made up of pixels the outer layer is a bitmap image. Vector images helped also in keeping the quality of the sun whenever I wanted to re-size it.

Changes I made during the redesign step was to make the logo interseting and to make the text stand out without using such a bold stroke. Using the stroke made the text look out of place and not part of the picture. I wanted to blend the text in a way so that it felt one with the logo and at the same time to stand out to the viewer to get my point across. I also added the outer flare during this redesign. The outer flare helped intensify the logo adding the effect of the inner flare and lighting. In addition to adding lighting the outer flare also helped fill up the blank space in my logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment